Celebrating National Adoption Month
It’s November! We’re excited to share a few ways you can celebrate National Adoption Month and some things we’ll be doing. First, here’s an article written by adoption advocate April Swiger, telling about fundraising for adoption and why it’s a great idea. If you haven’t already, take a look at the fundraising ideas for those looking to adopt.
We’d also like to highlight one of the key adoption celebration events in Indianapolis this year, hosted by the Indiana Department for Child Services and The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. This gathering is for foster/adoptive families and adoption professionals. This event will be followed by free admission to the museum for the public. Click here to register for free!
If your not already familiar with BraveLove, we encourage you read more about them on their website. This not-for-profit movement shares real, relative information about adoption. Their “mission is to change the perception of adoption through honest, informative, and hopeful communication that conveys the heroism and bravery a birth mother displays when she places her child with a loving family through adoption.
We encourage our families to check out our forms on adoption fundraising & grants and a few articles we’ve highlighted on this topic:
- Read & share adoption articles on social media
- Purchase adoption books and donate them to your local library; take it a step further by asking your library to create a special adoption month display
- Invite a family interested in adopting or fostering over for dinner
- Volunteer at a local maternity home or crisis pregnancy center
- Sponsor a child in foster care for his or her birthday or Christmas
- Send a token of support and love to someone you know who has placed a child for adoption
- Create lifebooks for your children, or read the lifebooks you’ve already created
- Hang a special adoption saying or verse in you home
- Collect needed items for a local crisis pregnancy center or foster care agency
(Some information found on adoption.net)
We’d love to see how you’re celebrating this month — let us know by tagging us in social media posts or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org